30 Dec 2009

Boxing Day migraine

For the past 4 days I've had a migraine, now before you feel sorry for me (guilty face) I must warn you that this is purely self-inflicted. Sooooo, now you're wondering what on earth could have caused a headache with such severity.....Well it was...(drum roll please)


The start of the annual boxing day sale!!



Yes, read it & weep! The God forsakingly amazing boxing day sale! It has taken me 4 days of migraines & heavy palpitations (no exaggeration...well..) to admit that the sales I've been witnessing are actually pretty ALRIGHT! If I'm honest though, it is the vast lack of funds that have stopped me from appreciating the sale frenzy as much as I would like to. Hmmmmm.....actually that is not entirely true, my problem is that I want oooooooh so much...(sighs & stares into space). My friend actually made a joke today about taking out a loan to shop! Hmmmm...that might be a good iiideea...Okay enough already I am JOKING!

Below are the sale items that have been torturing me (in a good way):

HELMUT LANG, Jersey and leather draped jacket Was £585 Now £409.50


CHRISTIAN LOUBOUTIN, Lynn 120 backless ankle boots Was £625 Now £375


MOTEL, Rose print jumpsuit Was: £50 Now: £25



OPENING CEREMONY, Suede bow front wedges Was: £295 Now: £206.50


ASHISH, Sequined leopard-pattern skirt Was: £365 Now £255.50



Phew......So those are the top five things that have been contributing to my headaches! Hmmm...funny that I feel slight relief. Think I'll treat this post as therapy. :)

So for those of you who are yet to shop the sale, my advice would be;

1. Breathe & remember; just because it's on sale doesn't mean you need it. Think about whether you loved it before the red marker appeared on the tag.

2. Just think you may want something that costs the same amount as three or four items you absolutely love. Way out the pros & cons of each item c-a-a-a-arefully.

3. If you're a follower of trends, think about whether you can carry these pieces through the seasons ahead.

4. Finally, if you don't get to buy anything in this year's sale, remember there is always Bicester village. Designer sales all year round!

Helmut Lang, Ashish, Christian Louboutin available
from NET-A-PORTER.COM
Motel available from ASOS.COM
Opening Ceremony available from FARFETCH.COM

No comments:

Post a Comment